Monday, June 5, 2017

Zakah on gold

Zakah on gold

The first question of Fatwa no. 2543
Q: I have a gold shop and I used to pay its Zakah (obligatory charity) every year by recognizing the total weight of the gold and pay 2.5% of its value in Saudi Riyals. Should I pay the Zakah of the year when I calculate the weight of gold or that of the preceding year? Illustrate this for me, may Allah confer mercy upon you!
A: Zakah on gold is paid according to its weight at the time of paying Zakah and when a full lunar year passes.
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'


MemberMemberDeputy ChairmanChairman
`Abdullah ibn Qa`ud`Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan`Abdul-Razzaq `Afify`Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

No comments:

Post a Comment