Saturday, November 7, 2009

Keep steadfast to your Tawbah



Keep steadfast to your Tawbah


Q: I am a Muslim girl who committed some errors and sins but I repented of them praise be to Allah. However, some Muslim sisters look to my past and whenever I advise them they remind me of my past, so I scold them and engage in quarrels with them. I feel helpless and sad when I see them follow my previous way of life. What is your advice for them, may Allah reward you best! How would you advise me to remain adherent to Tawbah (repentance to Allah),though I do not find anyone who to support me among my colleagues and friends?

Seeker of guidance



A: I advise you to thank Allah much for granting you the Tawbah and advise you to remain steadfast. Ask for Allah's help and avoid befriending indecent colleagues along with advising them and warning them against the consequence of their evil ways. Allah (may He be Glorified and Exalted) states: The believers, men and women, are Auliyâ’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma‘rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden) The Prophet (peace be upon him) stated: Faith is based on advising one another. and The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever. May Allah set aright yours and their affairs and protect all of us from the insinuations of Satan. He is the Most Generous.

http://alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?View=Page&PageID=1293&PageNo=1&BookID=14

No comments:

Post a Comment