Tuesday, August 14, 2012

advice when reciting the quran


Is it permissible to recite the Qur'an inversely in Salah (Prayer), outside Salah or when memorizing the Qur'an?
Fatwa no. 20258

Is it permissible to recite the Qur'an inversely in Salah (Prayer), outside Salah or when memorizing the Qur'an?

A: It is not permitted to recite the Ayahs or the words of the Ayah of the Qur'an inverted; rather they must be recited as ordered in words and place between other Ayahs as they are in the Glorious Qur'an. The order of the Ayahs of the Qur'an is Tawqify (bound by a religious text and not amenable to personal opinion) as related from Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him). The Sahabah (Companions of the Prophet), may Allah be pleased with them, received

(Part No. 3Page No. 97)

the order of the Ayahs of the Noble Qur'an from Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) and agreed to that. Thus, it is not allowable to recite Ayahs of the Qur'an in a reversed order whether in Salah or outside Salah.

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'
MemberMemberMemberDeputy ChairmanChairman
Bakr Abu ZaydSalih Al-Fawzan`Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan`Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh`Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
Blog EntrySep 17, '11 9:47 AM
for everyone
Advise me, may Allah protect you!

(Part No. 26Page No. 323)

The fifth question of Fatwa no. 18192

Q 5: Advise me, may Allah protect you!

A: I advise you to have Taqwa (fearing Allah as He should be feared) in secret and in public, to hold fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah (whatever is reported from the Prophet) and to recite the Qur'an with contemplation and deep thinking. Seek to have a better understanding of your religion from trustworthy Muslim scholars and read the books of the Salaf (righteous predecessors) which clarify the judgments of the Qur'an and Sunnah, such as those written by Shaykh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah,his student Ibn Al-Qayyim and Shaykh Muhammad ibn `Abdul-Wahhab and his children. Here are two useful titles: "Fat-h Al-Majid" and "Taysir Al-`Aziz Al-Hamid" which explain "Kitab Al-Tawhid" by Shaykh Muhammad ibn `Abdul-Wahhab.

Furthermore, I advise you to beware of Bid`ah (innovation in religion), temptations and evil ideas and to ask Allah for well-being in your religion and worldly affairs.

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and Companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

MemberMemberMemberDeputy ChairmanChairman
Bakr Abu ZaydSalih Al-Fawzan`Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan`Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh`Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
Blog EntryAug 18, '11 11:37 PM
for everyone
Post Advice for women students of knowledge

نصيحة لطالبات العلم فيما يبدأن به في الطلب(1)
السؤال: نطلب من شيخنا نصيحة للأخوات السلفيات بماذا يبدأن في طلب العلم؟
الإجابة:
يبدأن بالأهم فالأهم.. التي تستطيع أن تحفظ القرآن تحفظ القرآن، والتي لا تستطيع أن تحفظ القرآن تحفظ ما يسر الله لها منه، ثم تأخذ قسطًا كبيرًا من علوم توحيد الله سبحانه وتعالى مثل: ‹كتاب التوحيد› و‹كشف الشبهات› للإمام محمد بن عبد الوهاب رحمه الله، و‹لمعة الاعتقاد› للمقدسي.
وتحفظ الأربعين النووية وتقرأ شرحها من ‹جامع العلوم والحكم› لابن رجب، وتحفظ من رياض الصالحين للنووي، وتعنى بمعرفة الأذكار الصحيحة..
وتبدأ في المصطلح: بحفظ المنظومة البيقونية، وفهمها، وفي النحو: بحفظ ملحة الإعراب وفهمها، وفي الفقه: حفظ عمدة الأحكام أو بلوغ المرام والنظر في شرحها للشيخ البسام رحمه الله، والروضة الندية لصديق حسن خان، وتطالع في وقت فراغها ما يسهل عليها من الرسائل العلمية السلفية.
والتي ليس لها قدرة على مواصلة طلب العلم؛ تتعلم ما تعبد الله به في الطهارة والصلاة والصوم وحقوق الزوج، وأمثال ذلك قدر الاستطاعة.. وتسأل أهل العلم عما أشكل عليها؛ لقول الله تعالى: ﴿فَاسْأَلُوا أَهْلَ الذِّكْرِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ لا تَعْلَمُونَ * بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ وَالزُّبُرِ وَأَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الذِّكْرَ لِتُبَيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ مَا نُزِّلَ إِلَيْهِمْ وَلَعَلَهمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ﴾; [النحل:43-44].

Question: We ask from our Shaikh an advice to our Salafi sisters in what they should begin with in seeking knowledge.

Answer by Shaikh Yahya Al Haajuri: They should begin with what is most important... for the one what is able to memorize the Qur'an then she memorizes the Qur'an. And the one that is not able to then she memorizes what she is able to. Then she should take a large amount in learning Tawheed like (the books): Kitaab Ut Tawheed and Kasfh Ush Shubuhaat by Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab and Lam'ah Al 'Ittiqaad from Maqdisi.

And she memorizes 40 Hadeeth Nawawi and reads from its explanation "Jaami' Uluum Wa Hikam" by Ibn Rajab, and she memorizes from Riyaaad Us Saliheen of Nawawi and places emphasis on knowing the authentic supplications.

And in the sciences of Hadeeth she begins with the poem Al Baiquuneeyah, and in Grammer: Mulhatu 'Iraaab and she understands it. And in Fiqh she memorizes Umdah Al Ahkaam or Buluugh Ul Maraam and looks at the explanations of Shaikh Bassam . And also Ar Rawdah An Nadeeyah by Sadeeq Hasan Khan and she reads in her spare time what is easy for her from the Salafi treatises.

As for the one who is unable to continue seeking knowledge then she learns that which she has to worship Allah by in terms of purification, the prayer, fasting and the rights of her husband and like this according to her ability. And she asks the people of knowledge in what she has problems with as Allah said: "Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know..." Nahl 44.

http://www.sh-yahia.net/show_books_36.html. Under the book of knowledge. Under the topic: Advices to the female students of knowledge in what they should begin with.
__________________
Shaikh Rabee' said: It is upon you to place emphasis on your time. It is compulsory for a Salafi student of knowledge to not waste his time.

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/showthread.php?t=7204
   
Blog EntryJul 29, '11 11:14 PM
for everyone
bismillah asalamualikum warahma tullahi wabaraka tuhu dear sisters

i hope Allah kept you all upon the best state of health and emaan inshaaAllah. there is a Quraan teacher she wants to teach diligent eager sisters who wants to memorize Quraan for FREE. She will teach you over online, she is from Egypt, she knows little English, she mostly speaks in Arabic in Fusha. She is really good and caring teacher.

If any of you sisters want to take lessons with her on Quraan memorization, please let me know, i can forward you to her inshaaAllah. again, she will teach you for FREE.

this is really a great blessing, so take advantage of it inshaaAllalh.
was-salamualikum warahma tullahiwabaraka tuhu
Blog EntryJul 14, '11 12:30 PM
for everyone
girl-water
IT was one of those moments when you feel the tugging at your heart and the moisture behind your lids before you decide whether or not you want to...
The day started off as normally as one could hope. It was the weekend, a Friday, and I needed to run by a friend’s house to pick up some books I needed for school.
Weekends are usually a stress relief for me, time to take a deep breath and exhale slowly. And I wouldn’t have to hold my breath again until Saturday morning, when I’d return to work.
Before I go on, I think I should say that I’m a teacher—of high school girls. Anyone who’s had the wondrous experience of working full time in a classroom full of “kids” knows the endless rewards of imparting knowledge on the next generation. And the endless heartache of having them impart stress on you.
I’m no exception.
So I was having one of “those days,” (if you’re a teacher, you know what I mean), when you wonder, What’s the point? I mean, the world is going in a drastically different direction than I’d ever imagined. And the kids aren’t too excited about an “old” woman standing in front of them, telling them that they should wear hijab, say their prayers on time, and be “good Muslims.” Ho hum… Yes, I know. But what else can I say, “Which movie star couple do you think might accept Islam together”?
Anyway, I was stressed, to the point of heartache. I’d heard yet another story of a Muslim girl I’d once taught who was living a life wholly disconnected from Islam, and was sharing it with the world on Facebook. Sadly, today these stories seem endless. Someone’s at the mall meeting up with boys. Someone’s throwing his number into cars. Someone’s stopped saying their prayers…
I arrived at my friend’s house with a heavy heart, and was, as usual, wondering where my place was in all of this. After all, I have my own faults and my own soul to fend for. But still… There had to be something I could do. We’re all in this together, right? We’re here to help each other. You remind me; I remind you. That’s what it means to be Muslim. At least that’s what I’d been taught.
Who do you think you are? What gives you the right to tell others what to do? You need to mind your own business. You just think you’re better than everyone else. You’re so judgmental… These are just a few of the responses to seeking to help each other that believers hear each day. And it hurts. Oh, how it hurts.
I don’t know about anyone else, but I find these words so painful because not only do I not think I’m better than others: I know I’m not better than others, yet I still have the obligation to command the good and forbid the evil. And that’s no easy burden to bear.
In the end, I imagine that’s why believers like the Companions, who were able to command the good and forbid the evil without ever giving up—even as they had faults of their own—are so highly praised in Islam. Allah says of them, “You are the best people evolved for mankind. You command the good and forbid the evil, and believe in Allah” (3:110).
I’m no scholar, but I find the wording of this verse quite compelling. Often, when Allah mentions the traits of the righteous, belief is mentioned before the performance of good deeds, as in the oft-repeated verses about those “who believe and do righteous deeds.” But in this case, the good deed—commanding the good and forbidding the evil—is mentioned before even belief in Allah as the reason these believers are the best of all humankind. Subhan Allah.
As I reflect on this, I take from it the lesson that true belief in not a private matter. It’s not a personal spiritual state that only the person himself benefits from. Rather, it is a personal spiritual reality that is manifested outwardly, so much so that everyone who as much as crosses this believer’s path benefits from him. This is what it means to have eemaan. This is what is means to believe in Allah.
These were the thoughts playing in the back of my mind when I, heavy-hearted, sat opposite my friend on her couch. The books I needed to borrow were stacked at my feet, and I was having a much-needed cup of tea. After that, I would return home to prepare for school the following week.
“I have to tell you something,” my friend said in a hushed tone that let me know that whatever she was about to share was something she didn’t want her children to hear. “It’s about Barakah.”
At her words, my heart grew heavier. Barakah was her eldest daughter and was fifteen years old. I told myself I could bear it, whatever it was.  I sensed my friend wanted advice.
“But don’t let her know I told you,” she added. I nodded quietly, taking a sip of tea, wondering how my own daughter would be when she was Barakah’s age. “She wouldn’t like it if she knows I told anyone.”
“I wouldn’t do that,” I said quietly, my mind distant, reflective.
This is the world we live in, I thought, pensive. O Allah, help us, guide us, and give us strength, I silently prayed.  In that moment I thought of all my friend had gone through the past year, deaths of loved ones, family friends leaving Islam, financial troubles… And now this. Once, earlier in the year, as she lamented the loss of someone close to her, I said, “Remember, ukhti, when Allah loves someone, He tests them more than others.” But right then, as I sat waiting to hear her struggles with Barakah, I didn’t know what to say. So I remained silent and listened, my heart heavy from my own troubles, and hers.
“Barakah said she wants to memorize the Qur’an.”
It took a moment for my friend’s words to register and take meaning. My eyes widened slightly and my spirits lifted. “What?” I whispered.
A broad smile spread on my friend’s face and tears gathered in her eyes. She nodded. “She told me yesterday. And she said, ‘Ummi, you should too.’”
At that, my eyes filled, and I opened my mouth to reply, but I found no words. So I just let my heavy heart speak for me...
And I cried.
That was yesterday.
Today, I smile. And my eyes are still wet with tears. Because I know Allah is my Lord. He is Ar-Rahmaan—The Most Gracious. And there is, in believing in Him, always hope for the believer.


Umm Zakiyyah is the internationally acclaimed author of the novels If I Should Speak, A Voice, Footsteps, and Realities of Submission.
Blog EntryMar 25, '11 6:56 AM
for everyone

The Quran is the Priority


Hudhayfah said:
The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) related matters to us. I have
seen one of them, and I am waiting for the other. He (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) informed us:
"Trustworthiness was sent down in depths of the heart of the people, then they learnt it from the
Qur'aan, then they learnt it from the Sunnah" 2

Al-Haafidh Ibn Hajar (852H) said:
"His (`azza wa jall) saying: 'then they learnt it from the Qur'aan, then
they learnt it from the Sunnah' So it occurs in this narration with the repetition of "then", which contains
and indication that they would learn the Qur'aan before learning the details of the sunnah. And what is
meant by the details of the sunnah is anything that they would learn from Prophet (saallallaahu `alayhi
wa sallam) whether it was obligatory or recommended." 3

Al-Maymoonee said:
I asked Abu 'Abdullaah Imaam Ahmed which is more beloved to you, that I should I
begin teaching my son the Qur'aan or the hadeeth He said: "No! The Qur'aan." I said: Shall I teach him
all of it? He replied: "Unless that is difficult, in which case teach him some of it." Then. he said to me: "If
he begins reciting first, then he will learn correct recitation and will persevere in it." 4 Ibn Muflih said:
 "Upon this are the followers of Imaam Ahmad right up until our time." 5

Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 718H) said:
"As for seeking to memorize the Qur'aan then this is to be given
reference over many of the things that the people consider to be knowledge, but are -in reality - either
totally useless, or having little benefit. It is also to be given precedence in learning especially by those
who wish to acquire knowledge of the Deen, its principles and its particulars. Since what is prescribed
for such a person at this time is that he should begin by memorizing the Qur'aan, as it is the foundation
of the branches of knowledge of the deen. This is contrary to what is done by many of the people on
innovation, in that one of them will preoccupy himself with superfluous parts of knowledge; such as
kalaam (rhetorical speech) and argumentation; or very rare matters of differences; and blind following,
which there is no need for; or every strange and rare ahaadeeth which are not established, nor of
benefit; and many discussions do not establish proofs. And he abandons memorizing the Qur'aan which
is more important than all of this." 6

Muhammad ibn al-Fadl said:
 "I heard my grandfather say: I asked my father for permission to study
under Qutaybah, so he said: "First learn the Qur'aan and then I will give you permission." So I
memorized the Qur'aan by heart. Then he said to me: "Remain until you have led the people in prayer
with it (i.e. for taraweeh prayer)." So I did so, and after the "eed prayer he gave me permission, so I left
for Marw." 7

Ibn 'Abdul-Barr (d. 463H) said:
 "Seeking knowledge is of levels and is of different stages which should
not be skipped over. Whoever skips over them altogether, then he has overstepped the path of the
Companions and those that follow them. Whoever deliberately takes a path other than this has seriously
deviated. However, whoever oversteps due to an ijtihaad (a knowledge-based judgment that a qualified
scholar makes, intending to reach the truth), then such a person has erred So the first knowledge is
memorization of the Book of Allaah and seeking to understand it. And it-is obligatory to seek everything
which will aid in understanding it. However, I do not say that it is obligatory to memorize all of the Qur
'aan but I do say that it is obligatory and essential for anyone who wishes to become a scholar - not that
it is something obligatory in itself." 8

Al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee (d. 463H) said:
"It is fitting for a student that he begins with memorization of
the Book of Allaah -since it is the greatest of the branches of knowledge and that which
should be placed first and given precedence." 9

Al-Haafidh an-Nawawee (d. 676H) said:
"The first thing he should begin with-is memorization of the
mighty Qur'aan, which is the most important of the branches of knowledge. And the Companions and
those that follow them did not use to teach hadeeth or fiqh except to one who had memorized the
Qur'aan When he has memorized it, let him beware of preoccupying himself from it with hadeeth, fiqh or
other things, to the extent that it leads him to forget anything of the Qur'aan, or makes that likely." 10
Seeking knowledge in due proportions 11 Allaah (`azza wa jall) said: "And it is a Qur'aan which We have divided into parts, in order that you may recite it to men at intervals. And We have sent it down in stages." 12

The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said:
 to `Abdullaah ibn `Amr ibn al-`Aas: "Read the Qur'aan in  every month." I said: I find that I have more strength than that. He (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said:  Recite it in every twenty nights." I said: I find that I have more strength than that. He (sallallaahu `alayhi  wa sallam) said: "Then recite it in every seven days and do not increase upon that." 13

'Abdullaah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'Aas also related from the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) that he said:
"He does not understand the Qur'aan who recites it in less than three days " 14

Umar ibn 'Abdul-Waahid, a companion of al-Awzaa'ee said:
We read in al-Muwattaa to Maalik (d. 179H) in forty days, so he said: "A book that took me forty years to compile, you take from me in forty days! How little you understand of it." 15

Al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee said:
"It is fitting that he takes care in acquiring knowledge and that he should not take too much in one go. Rather, he should take a little at a time, such that he can bear it., memorize it and be able to understand it. Because Allaah says which means: "And those who disbelieve say: Why is the Qur'aan not send down to him all at once? Thus (is it sent down in parts) that We may strengthen your heart thereby. And We have revealed it to
you gradually, in stages."16" 17

Al-Khateeb also said:
 "And know that the heart in an organ from the organs. It is able to bear somethings and unable to bear others—just like the rest of the body. Thus, some people are able to carry one-hundred pounds, whereas others are unable to carry even twenty. Some people are able to walk a number of miles in a day without tiring, whereas others are unable to even walk a mile a day before they become tired... So let each person limit himself to what he is able without expending all his
energies, because that will better aid him in learning with a good mind, from a firm and proficient
teacher.'' 18

Supplicating for an Increase in Knowledge:

Allaah (`azza wa jall) said which means: "Say: My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Soorah TaaHaa
20:114)

Umm Salamah said:
Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate in the
morning prayer: "O Allaah! I ask you fur beneficial knowledge, righteous action and pure sustenance."20
Anas bin Maalik (be) said: I heard Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) supplicate:"O
Allaah! Benefit me with knowledge. Teach me that which will benefit me, and provide me with knowledge 
from which I can derive benefit."21

Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn Ja'far said:
I heard Ibn Khuzaymah (d. 311H) being asked: From where did  you acquire this knowledge? So he said: "Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: "Zamzam water is that for which it is drunk." 22 So when I drunk zam-zam water, I supplicate to Allaah for beneficial knowledge." 23

Shaykhul-lslaarn Ibn Taymiyyah said: 24
"The reality of this matter that the servant differs in what he asks of knowledge and guidance, and of what he seeks to ask. So with remembrance of Allaah and turning towards Him, Allaah guides such a person—as He said which means: "O My servants! All of you are misguided, except whomsoever I guide. So seek your guidance from me."25

And as the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) used to say: "O Allaah! Lord of Jibreel, Meekaa 'eel
and Israafeel. The Originator of the heavens and the earth. Knower of the Unseen and the apparent.
You judge between Your servant in that which he differs. So guide me in that which I differ from the
truth—by Your permission. Indeed, You guide whomsoever You please, to a Path that is straight."26

Notes:
1. From An-Nubadh fee Aadaabit-Talabil-'ilm (pp.61-66), slightly abridged.
2. Related by al-Bukhaaree (no. 7086)
3. Fathul-Baaree (13/39)
4. Related by Ibn Muflih in Al-Aadaabush-Shar'iyyah.
5. Related by Ibn Abee Ya'laa in Tabaqaatul-Hanaabilah (1/41).
6. Fataawaa al-Kubra (2/54-55).
7. Related by adh-Dhahabee in Tadhkiratul-Huffaadh (2/722).
8. Jaami' Bayaanul-'llm wa fadlihi (pp. 526-528)
9. Al-Jaami' li-Akhlaaqir-Raawee wa Aadaabis-Saami'(1/106).
10. From the introduction to Al-Majmoo' Sharhul-Muhadhhab (1/38)
11. From An-Nubadh (pp.67-69)
12. Soorah al-lsraa 17:106.
13. Related by al-Bukhaaree (no. 5052) and Muslim (no. 1159) and the wording is from Muslim).
14. Saheeh: related by Abu Daawood in his Sunan (no. 1394) and it was authenticated by al-Albaanee
in Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood (no. 1294).
15. Related by Ibn 'Abdul-Barr in at-Tawheed (1/77)
16. Soorah al-Furqaan 25:32.
17. Al-Faqeeh wal-Mutafaqqih (2/101).
18. Al-Fapeeh wal-Mutafaqqih (2/107).
19. An-Nubadh (pp. 97-99).
20. Hasan: related by Ahmad (6/305) and atTiyaalasee (p.224). It was authenticated by al-Haafidh Ibn
Hair in Nataa'ijul Aflkaar (2/313).
21. Related by Haakim (1/510) and he said: "It is authentic upon the condition of Muslim." Adh-
Dhahabee also agreed.
22. Related by adh-Dhahabee in Tadhkiratul-Huffaadh (2/721).
23. Hasan: It has been narrated by many different ways. Refer to al-MaqaasidulHasanah (no. 928) of as-
Sakhaawee for its authentication and sources.
24. Majmoo`ul fataawaa (4/39)
25. Related by Muslim (no. 2577) form Abu Dharr.
26. Related by Muslim (no. 770) from `Aaishah.
Written by Shaykh Abu Anas Hamad al-`Uthmaan (hafidhahullaah)
Visit Al-Wasatiyyah International Quran Institute for Women at: http://alwasatiyyah.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

 
Blog EntryJan 6, '11 8:46 AM
for everyone

The Way to Memorize the Qur’aan

Ash-Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz was asked:
“Direct me to the way which will assist me in memorizing the Book of Allah.”
So he responded by saying: ” We strongly advise you to take great concern in memorizing and being deligent upon that. We also advise you to choose the most appropriate times for memorizing, such as the end of the night, after salat Al-Fajr, or the middle of the night, or any other time where you are relaxed and will be able to memorize. Also, we advise you to have a pious companion who will help to support and assist you with memorizing and reviewing, along with asking Allah for success and aid, hoping and desiring that he will aid you, give you success, and protect you from obstacles and boundaries that prevent you from reaching your goal. So whoever truthfully seeks aid from Allah, Allah will aid him and make his affair easy.” -Translated 5/31/2009 by Team RiMarket
Blog EntryJan 3, '11 6:25 PM
for everyone
Consistency in Seeking knowledge is MUST                                                            
Blog EntryJan 3, '11 11:32 AM
for everyone

what do you need to memorize Ahadeeth...

In the Name of Allaah, Ar-Rahmaan, Ar-Raheem...
'Uthmaan ibn Khur-raazaad [d.282], one of Imaam An-Nasaa'ee's shuyookh, said:

"The companion of hadeeth is in need of five things, and if he misses any one of them, then it is a deficiency. 
 He needs:

[1] A good intellect;
[2] (Uprightness in the) Deen;
[3] Precision;
[4] Expertise in the field;
[5] While being known to fulfill trusts."
Ath-Thahabee mentioned this in Siyar (13/380), and then commented:

"I say: Trustworthiness is a part of the Deen (ie. #5 is included in #2), and precision is included in expertise (ie. #3 is included in #4), so what the haafith (one who memorizes hadeeth) needs is to be:

[1] A person of taqwaa;
[2] Intelligent;
[3] Knowledgeable of 'Arabic grammar and language;
[4] Pure and shy;
[5] Salafee.
It will suffice him that he copies with his hand 200 volumes of books, owns 500 volumes of widely respected books, and does not tire from seeking knowledge until his death, all of this with a pure intention and humbleness.  Otherwise, then he shouldn't waste his time (by trying to be a haafith)."
Translated by Abul-'Abbaas Moosaa Richardson
Original source: 
http://www.salafitalk.net/st//viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=2791
- Scholar of Quraan Sciences of Recitation - Dr._Ayman_sweds - biography - ايمن سويد                                                            
Blog EntryDec 29, '10 7:04 PM
for everyone
Plan to Memorize Quraan in 5 Months                                                            
Attachment: Detail Plan to Memorize the Quraan in Five Months.docx
Attachment: Detail Plan to Memorize the Quraan in Five Months.doc
Blog EntryDec 9, '10 5:43 PM
for everyone
al-Fudhayl bin 'Iyyaadh: The (true) Haafidh of the Qur'aan holds the banner of Islaam.

Maymoon b. Mahran: If only the people of the Quran would become good (i.e. practise upon it) then the rest of mankind would become good too.

al-Hassan al-Basree: Whoever wishes to know his own state, then let him examine himself against the Qur'aan.


[Aboo_Thaabit Isma'eel Muhammad]
Nine Great Benefits of Reading
and Reflecting Over the Qur'aan
 
[1]
www.bakkah.net
In the Name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, may His Salaah and Salaam be upon His last Messenger Muhammad, to proceed:
Indeed the Book of Allaah is not a book like any other, it is the timeless Speech of Allaah, not a created thing, a study guide for life and death and what comes after. Therefore it deserves a more careful study than anyone else's speech. It necessitates that its reader return to the early narrations of those who witnessed its revelation and heard its explanation by the one deputed by Allaah to rehearse and explain His Words to humanity (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam). For if one would try to ponder over the meanings of the verses without having done this study, then surely the filth of the time that he lives in and his ignorance of the correct application and understanding that the early Muslims had would cause him to understand some things not intended by Allaah Most High, and therefore he would go astray, thinking to be worshipping Allaah.
So every sincere Muslim who hopes to earn Allaah's Love by reciting and reflecting over Allaah's Book, then let him hold tight to the meanings explained by the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), and those taught by the Companions and their immediate followers, and the early scholars of Islaam.
Know that reciting and pondering over the Book of Allaah, devoting your time regularly to its study and implementation has tremendous benefits in this life and the Next, so let us now look to just a few of them to attach ourselves more firmly to Allaah's Majestic Words. Each benefit stands as enough of an encouragement on its own for us to shun any laziness we have and dedicate ourselves to the Qur'aan properly.

1 - Reading and reflecting over the Qur'aan fulfills an Islaamic duty
Indeed the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) summarized this Religion with his statement:
"The Religion is naseehah (sincerity)!"
So then Tameem ibn Aws (may Allaah be pleased with him) then said, "We asked, 'To whom?'" He (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) replied:
"To Allaah, HIS BOOK, His Messenger, the leaders of the people, and their common folk." [2]
The sincerity that is due to the Book of Allaah, as Ibn Rajab Al-Hambalee said, includes having a strong love for it, honoring it and extolling its great status, affirming that it is the Speech of Allaah, seeking to understand its meanings, acting by it, following the orders found in it, spreading its correct understanding, continually studying it, and taking on the good manners that are encouraged in it. [3]
So by reading and reflecting over the Qur'aan, one fulfills an obligation and is rewarded for that. Upon fulfilling this obligation, the Qur'aan then becomes a proof for him on the Day of Judgement! And that is our second benefit we will take by embracing this Noble Book...

2 - The Qur'aan will be a proof for us on the Day of Judgement
This is due to the statement of the Messenger:
"...and the Qur'aan is a proof for you or against you..." [4]
So one of two things will occur with this proof, the Book of Allaah. It will either be in your favor, a proof for you on the Day when you will need every single good deed, or it will be something standing against you, the very Speech of your Creator, a proof against you! Who could be saved from the terrors of that Day if Allaah's own Speech is against him?!?!
Think carefully, dear Muslim brother or sister, about your position with the Qur'aan! Are you neglecting it, contradicting it, being heedless of its orders and prohibitions, are you thinking deeply over it?! Will it be on your side on the Day of Judgement?!
O Allaah! We ask you, by Your Glorious Speech and the rest of Your beautiful Names and Attributes, to make the Qur'aan a proof for us! O Allaah! Don't make the Qur'aan a proof against us on that Day, and save us from the hellfire!
For if Allaah makes the Qur'aan a proof in our favor on that Day, then it would also be an intercessor for us, when NO intercession will take place except by His Permission.

3 - The Qur'aan will intercede for us on the Day of Judgement
The proof: Aboo Umaamah relates that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
"Read the Qur'aan, for verily it will come on the Day of Standing as an intercessor for its companions." [5]

4 - Your status in this life will be raised
In Saheeh Muslim, we find a lovely story, about how a man from the promised people of Jannah, 'Umar ibn Al-Khattaab, and his deputy over Makkah understood this.
On the authority of 'Aamir ibn Waathilah, he said that Naafi' ibn 'Abdil-Haarith met up with 'Umar (ibn Al-Khattaab) at (a place called) 'Usfaan. 'Umar used to put him (Naafi') to work (to govern) over Makkah.
So he ('Umar) said, "Who have you put to work (to govern) over the people of the Valley (Makkah)?"
He (Naafi') said, "Ibn Abzaa."
He ('Umar) said, "Who is Ibn Abzaa?"
He (Naafi') said, "One of our freed slaves."
He ('Umar) said, "So you have put a freed slave in charge of them?"
He (Naafi') said, "Verily he is a recitor of the Book of Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, and verily he is knowledgeable of the laws of inheritance."
'Umar said, "Verily your Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) had said:
"Verily Allaah raises some people by way of this Book and lowers others by it." [6]

5 - You will be from the best of the people
'Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him), the third khaleefah and fourth most virtuous person on earth after the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), Aboo Bakr, and 'Umar, said that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
"The best of you are the ones who learn the Qur'aan and teach it to others" [7]

6 - There are ten rewards for each letter you recite from the Qur'aan
As an authentic hadeeth in Sunan At-Tirmithee proves:
"Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allaah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that "Alif, Laam, Meem" is a letter, rather I am saying that "Alif" is a letter, "laam" is a letter, and "meem" is a letter." [8]
So increase your recitation of the Qur'aan to gain these merits, and to gain the following merit as well...

7 - The recitors of the Qur'aan will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels
'Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the Prophet's beloved wife who held his head in her lap as he took his last blessed breaths, relates that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
"Verily the one who recites the Qur'aan beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward." [9]
So do not let the Shaytaan give you false excuses, such as "I am not an 'Arab," or "Its not my language."This hadeeth is a firm proof against these whisperings. Dedicate yourself to the Book of Allaah, whether you are an 'Arab or not! The excuses have been eliminated and the pathway has been cleared for you to embrace the Book of Allaah without holding back or offering excuses!
And surely you will not hesitate to seek a teacher or a study circle for the Qur'aan once you hear the last and perhaps greatest benefits of reading and contemplating over the Qur'aan...

8 - The Qur'aan will lead you to Paradise
The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
"The Qur'aan is an intercessor, something given permission to intercede, and it is rightfully believed in. Whoever puts it in front of him, it will lead him to Paradise; Whoever puts it behind him, it will steer him to the Hellfire." [10]

9 - Your position in Paradise is determined by the amount of Qur'aan you memorize in this life
'Abdullaah ibn 'Amr ibn Al-'Aas heard the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) saying:
"It will be said to the companion of the Qur'aan: Read and elevate (up through the levels of the Paradise) and beautify your voice as you used to do when you were in the dunyaa! For verily, your position in the Paradise will be at the last verse you recite!" [11]

Know that these nine benefits, from the many benefits available, can only be attained by a sincere commitment to the Book of Allaah, not by a person's mere statement, "I love the Qur'aan, it's beautiful."Rather the heart must be sincerely attached to Allaah's Book and the limbs and tongue will follow in this attachment.
You must know that only a few of the numerous benefits of reading and reflecting over the Qur'aan have been mentioned here. There are many benefits that await your reading in the Qur'aan and books of hadeeth, like the chapter of the Qur'aan that will argue on your behalf in the grave, and that it is a physical healing, a source of rest and relaxation for your heart, among many other things.
And Allaah knows best. 
This article was taken from BAKKAHnet (www.bakkah.net)
FOOTNOTES
[1] written by Abul-'Abbaas, 1421-12-20, then updated 1424-09-05
[2] Saheeh Muslim #194 (1/220 of Sharh An-Nawawee)
[3] refer to Jaami'ul-Uloom wal-Hikam, p.221 (Ar-Risaalah, 1417)
[4] part of a hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim #533 (2/97 of Sharh An-Nawawee)
[5] Saheeh Muslim #1871 (3/330 of Sharh An-Nawawee)
[6] Saheeh Muslim #1894 (3/339 of Sharh An-Nawawee)
[7] Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree #5027 (9/89-90 of Fat-hul-Baaree)
[8] Sunan At-Tirmithee #2910; Al-Albaanee authenticated it in Saheeh Sunan At-Tirmithee (3/164)
[9] Saheeh Muslim #1859 (3/325 of Sharh An-Nawawee); another version of this hadeeth with a slighty different wording can be found in Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree #4937 (8/852 of Fat-hul-Baaree)
[10] an authentic hadeeth found in Saheeh Ibn Hibbaan #124 (1/330-331 of Tarteeb Ibn Balbaan, printed byAr-Risaalah), on the authority of 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood; Al-Albaanee authenticated it in Silsilatul-Ahaadeethis-Saheehah #2019
[11] Sunan At-Tirmithee #2914; Al-Albaanee authenticated it in Saheeh Sunan At-Tirmithee (3/164-165)
As Read by Dr. Saleh as Saleh
Al-Hamdulillaah (All-Praise is due to Allah), the One Who said (what means): "And in truth We have made theQur'aan easy to remember; but is there any that remembers?" Surah 54: 32
Many all over the world memorize the Qur‘aan, and it is not strange to see the youth memorizing the Noble Qur‘aan and an early age. Al-Hamdulillaah, the One who made the Qur’aan easy for remembrance, had made it easy for Umm Saalih age 82. In an interview with Umm Saalih, she was asked the following questions:
Q1: "What was the reason that drove you to memorize the Qur’aan after so many years?"
She said, "I always hoped to memorize the Qur‘aan from the time I was young. My father always used to invoke Allaah for me to become one of the memorizers of the Qur‘aan, like himself and like the elder brothers of my family who memorized it. So I memorized in the beginning about three parts and then after I completed the age of thirteen, I got married and became busy with the household and the children. After I had seven children, my husband died. They (the children) were all young so I took the time to raise them and educate them, and then after they grew up and got married, I had more time for myself. Therefore, the first thing I directed myself to focus upon was the Qur‘aan.
Q2: "Tell us about your journey with the Noble Qur‘aan."
She said, "My younger daughter was going to high school and she was the closest of my children to me and the most beloved, because she stayed with me after her older sisters got married and got busy with their lives, and because she was a quiet girl, upright, loving, and good. In addition, she was
1This is the actual beautiful handwriting of the basmallah by our Shayekh Muhammad bin Saalih Al-'Uthaimeen,rahimahullaah.
interested in learning the Noble Qur‘aan, and her teachers encouraged her. Furthermore, she was very enthusiastic and always told me of many women who were driven by this great motivation to memorize the Qur'aan, and this is where I started."
Q3: "Tell me about your way of memorization."
She said, "We assigned ten verses (meaning her and her daughter who was going to high school). So each day after Asr, we used to sit together. She reads and I repeat after her three times. Then she explains the meaning to me, and after a while, she repeats that three times. On the next morning, she repeats them to me before she goes to school. She recorded also the recitations of Ash Shaykh al Husary, Rahimuhullaah, repeating each verse three times and thus I continued to listen most of the time. Therefore, the next day we would go to the next ten verses if my memorization was good. Otherwise, we would postpone taking additional verses until the day after. Moreover, we assigned the day of Friday to review the memorizations of the entire week. And this was the journey from the beginning."
Then she said, "Over four years and a half, I memorized twelve juz’ according to the way I described to you. Then this young daughter got married. When her husband knew of our task concerning the memorization, he rented a house close to me, close to my house, so that he could allow the continuation of the memorization. In addition, he, May Allah reward him used to encourage us and sometimes sit with us listening, explaining and teaching. Then after three years of her marriage, my daughter got busy with the children and the household and our schedule was interrupted, but that did not make her give up. To the contrary, she sensed that my eagerness for the memorization was still established so she looked for a special good teacher to continue the journey under her supervision. So, I completed the memorization by the success of Allaah and my daughter is still working to finish the memorization of the Glorious Qur‘aan. She has a little left, In Shaa Allaah Ta‘aala.
Q4: "This motivation of yours, did it have an effect on other women around you?"
She said, "It really had a good strong effect. My daughters and stepdaughters were all encouraged and worked on learning and teaching the Qur‘aan to their children and learning it themselves.
Q5: "After finishing the Noble Qur‘aan, don’t you think about working on memorizing hadith?"
She said, "Now I have memorized ninety hadith and In Shaa Allaah I will continue the journey. I depend, in my memorization, upon the tapes and upon the Qur‘aan radio station. At the end of each week, my daughter comes and checks for me the memorization of three hadith, and I am trying now to memorize more.
Q6: "Over this period of memorization of the Qur‘aan, did your life change? Was it affected in one way or another?"
She said, "Yes, I went through a major change and I tried always, all praise is due to Allaah, to obey Allaah before I started the memorization. However, after I started the task of memorization, I began to feel a self-comfort, a great self-comfort and all worries began to move away from me. I even reached the stage of freeing myself from all these excessive worries concerning fearing for the children and their affairs, and my morale was boosted. I had a noble objective to work for and this is a great Ni’mah (Favor) from Allaah  upon me, since we know that some women, when they get old and they do not have a husband, and their children got married, may be destroyed by the empty time, thoughts, worries, and so forth. But, Al Hamdulillaah, I didn’t go through this and I made myself busy with a great task and a great objective.
Q7: "Didn’t you think at one point, to join one of the circles focusing on teaching the Noble Qur‘aan?"
The answer was, "Yes, some of the women suggested this to me, but I am a woman who got used to staying at home, and I don’t like to go out everyday, and Al Hamdulillaah, my daughter sufficed me from all difficulty and I was so happy while I was learning from her. My daughter had set an example in goodness and righteousness which we rarely find in our days. She started this task and journey with me while she was an adolescent and this is a critical age many people complain of. She used to pressure herself so that she could have spare time to teach me, and she used to teach me with kindness and wisdom. Her husband was a good help to her and he exerted a
lot of effort. I ask Allaah  to give them success and to bring their children up on uprightness."
Q8: "What do you say to a woman of your age who wishes to learn and memorize the Qur‘aan yet she is worried about it and feeling unable to?"
She said, "I say to her there their shall be no despair with the firm, sincere and truthful determination. Begin with sincerity, firm determination and dependence on Allaah at each time. And remember that at this age you should have the time for yourself. However, do not use your time to only go out or to sleep and so forth. Rather, busy yourself with righteous work.
Q9: "Now what would you say to a woman who is still young? What would you advise her?"
She, may Allaah preserve her, said: "Preserve Allaah and He will preserve you. Make use of the favor of Allaah bestowed upon you from health and ways and means of comfort. Use that to memorize the Book of Allaah. This is the light which enlivens your heart, your life and your grave after you die. And if you have a mother then exert the effort to teach her, and there is no better favor upon a mother than one of her righteous children aiding her to be close to Allaah."
Presented on the 1st of Muharram 1426, Feb 10th 2005.
Originally published in Ad-Da'wah Magazine, no. 1552, 17th of Rabee' Al-Awwal 1417, corresponding to Aug 1, 1996.
Blog EntryNov 30, '10 5:04 AM
for everyone
                                                             
Blog EntryNov 29, '10 5:15 PM
for everyone
The Ruling of Reciting the Quran with Tajweed
His Eminence the Great Scholar and Imam
Shaikh Abdul-Aziz bin Baz
(رحمه اللّه)
Question:  Could you please inform us of the ruling of reciting the Quran with tajeed?
Ruling:  Reciting the Quran with tajweed (the proper rules of recitation) is preferred which is the beautifying of the voice when reading.  The messenger  said, "the one who does not beautify his voice when reciting the Quran is not from us" and he said, "beautify the Quran with your voices", so the practice for the believing male and female is to have concern and care with beautifying the voice when reciting the Quran as it is more yielding to the heart and more beneficial to the listener.  It is preferable that the one who recites the Quran be concerned with beautifying his voice, reciting in a slow manner, reflecting over the verses, and understanding them so that he may benefit himself and those listening.  Allah the Mighty and Majestic said,
كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِّيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُوْلُوا الْأَلْبَابِ (29) سورة ص
(This is) a Book(the Qur'ân) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember. (Sad 38:29)
And He said,
وَإِذَا قُرِئَ الْقُرْآنُ فَاسْتَمِعُواْ لَهُ وَأَنصِتُواْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ (204) سورة الأعراف
So, when the Qur'ân is recited, listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy. (Al-A'raf 7:204)
Thus it is preferable that the believer be diligent in reciting with a beautiful voice regardless is they know the rules of tajweed or not and if they know the rules of tajweed then they recite accordingly and if not then he should try hard to recite in a nice clear manner with a slow beautiful voice without rushing while pronouncing the letters as they should be pronounced so that the recitation will be clear and beneficial to the listeners.  Likewise he should recite with awe and humility as this too is more beneficial for the listeners.  If the prophet  recited in the prayer he would recite with humility and a wheezing sound would be heard from his chest due to his crying.  Also Abu Bakr  would recite and the people would hear him crying as did many of the others as they were humble in their recitation and would cry.  Thus the practice of the believer is to beautify the voice when reciting, be humble, and reflect over the verses.  May Allah reward you with good.
Translated by Eesa John Starling
November 24, 2008
For edawah.com

قراءة القرآن بالتجويد مستحبة، وفيها تحسين الصوت بالقرآن، الرسول عليه الصلاة والسلام يقول: (ليس منا من لم يتغنَّ القرآن يجهر به) يعني يحسن صوته به، ويقول عليه الصلاة والسلام: (زينوا القرآن بأصواتكم)، فالسنة للمؤمن العناية بتحسين الصوت بالقراءة؛ لأن هذا أخشع للقلب وأنفع للمستمعين، وهكذا المؤمنة، القارئ للقرآن يستحب له أن يعتني بتحسين صوته، وبالترتيل والتدبر والتعقل حتى يستفيد وينفع نفسه وينفع المستمعين، قال الله عز وجل: كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِّيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُوْلُوا الْأَلْبَابِ (29) سورة ص، وقال سبحانه: وَإِذَا قُرِئَ الْقُرْآنُ فَاسْتَمِعُواْ لَهُ وَأَنصِتُواْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ (204) سورة الأعراف، فيستحب للمؤمن والمؤمنة العناية بتحسين الصوت، سواءٌ كان يعرف التجويد أو لا يعرف التجويد، إن عرف أحكام التجويد قرأ بالتجويد، وإذا اجتهد أن يقرأ قراءة واضحة قراءة طيبة يحسن صوته ويرتل ولا يعجل، ويخرج الحروف من مخارجها حتى تكون قراءته واضحة بينة مفيدة للمستمعين، وبالتحزن والخشوع؛ لأن هذا أنفع له وللمستمعين جميعاً، وكان - صلى الله عليه وسلم - إذا قرأ يخشع في قراءته حتى يسمع لصدره أزيز كأزيز المرجل من البكاء في صلاته عليه الصلاة والسلام، وكان الصديق - رضي الله عنه - أبو بكر إذا قرأ لم يُسمع الناس من بكائه - رضي الله عنه -، هكذا كان الأخيار يخشعون في القراءة ويبكون فالسنة للمؤمن أن يحسن صوته وهكذا المؤمنة، وأن يخشع في قراءته ويتدبر. جزاكم الله خيراً

Question: Is it mandatory upon a Muslim to recite the Qur'aan with tajweed? Was the science of tajweed known to the Arab people before Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم?

Answer: The knowledge of tajweed, of reciting the Qur'aan with tajweed, is a knowledge which makes recitation of the Qur'aan better. A person should take as much of this knowledge as he needs to, and study it well, because this knowledge is good to learn. It even helps the person who is reciting the Qur'aan to understand the aayaat much better. Tajweed is good, but one should not let it take up all of his time. What is important it to make the recitation better, giving the letters their rights, such that the one reciting is well versed in recitation of the aayaat.


Answered by: Shaykh Abdul Azeez aal Shaykh

Title of Lecture: Words of Advice to the Muslims in the West

Date answered: March 19, 2005

Listen to Lecture: Click here 

Read the Transcribed Lecture: Click here

Question: This is Abu Sumayyah from the Caribbean. He asks: We are a small community living on a small Caribbean Island. There is no one qualified to teach us from among the people of Sunnah, Tajweed of the Qur'aan. Yaa Shaykh, there is a brother who challenges us on every front. I was leading the Fajr prayer and reciting Ayatul-Kursi and I didn't join the waa in the first verse of Allaah laa ilaaha illa huwal hayyul kayyum. He recited it joint in the salaah and indicating that I had made a mistake. Then he broke the salaah and went and started his own Fajr salaah while the salaah was going on. And he accused me of changing the words of Allaah, therefore he would not pray behind me anymore. Please advise us.

Answer: Alhamdulillah, Brother Abu Sumayyah from Caribbean is saying that they have no one to teach them the proper pronunciation or recitation of Qur'aan and he's doing his best to lead the Jamaah as he is the one who has more Qur'aan than others. But he has a problem with Ayatul-Qursi and especially with the letter "waw", he cannot pronounce.

Then, I don't know what he means by letter waw. Is it the waw in the pronoun hu (هو huwa�) Allaahu laa ilaaha illa huwa? Then he says haa or what? But anyway, the Ulamaa says that the mistakes that makes the salaah invalid or not accepted, are the mistakes in Suratul Fatihah. The recitation of Suratul Fatihah is a rukn i.e. it is one of the pillars of salaah. Other than that, it is sunnah to recite, its not obligatory.

So we say it is wrong from that brother and a mistake from that brother to say that he's not going to pray behind him because he doesn't have a proper pronunciation of the letter. Second, my advice to you, O Brother Abu Sumayyah, is to recite the surahs and the aayaat that you know and those that you pronounce more correctly; and stay with them until you get the proper pronunciation and recitation of ayatul-kursi or whatever else. At the same time, we advise you, just like what we advised sister Umm Mujaab from Ohio, in regard to a website to learn the proper pronunciation, like on the website of Albaseerah.org as Brother Zahid just mentioned and announced to everyone that Shaykh Ali Hudhaify and Shaykh Sudais are going to listen to your recitation and correct you, which is a great thing. So my advice to you is speak to such website - Albaseerah.org and Inshaa Allaah تعالى you will get what you missed today. Wallahu A'lam.


Answered by: Shaykh Muhammad al-Maliki

Title of lecture: Question & Answer Session

Date answered: November 25th, 2006

Listen to lecture: Click here 

Read transcribed lecture: Click here
Imaam Al-Aajurree, May Allah have mercy upon him said :
” Whoever contemplates his words, will know the Lord (aza wa jal) and he will know of His great Power and capability, His immense favour upon the believers, and of the obligation upon himself to worship Him. Accordingly, the person imposes this duty upon himself thereby being on his guard against that which His Generous Patron and Protector (Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala) has warned of and coveting that which He has made desirous. Whoever is of this description when reciting the Qur’aan or when Listening to it when recited by another, The Qur’aan will be a cure for him. He becomes Rich without money, he attains power and strength without kinsfolk and finds intimacy in that which others find alienation towards. His desire when opening a surah for recitation will be ‘When will I accede to the admonition contained within what I read?’ and his desire will not be ‘when will I complete this surah?’ His aspiration is none other than, ‘ when will I understand what Allah is addressing me with?, When will I restrain (from committing sins?), when will I take heed?’ This is because reciting the Qur’aan is worship and it is not to be done so in a state of heedlessness, and
Allah is the one who grants the tawfeeq towards that”

Akhlaaq Hamlah al-Qur’aan by Imaam Al-Ajuree pg.10

No comments:

Post a Comment